Thursday, April 2, 2009

Honeymoon Part Deux

So the wife and I are heading to Paris. As you may or may not know Honeymoon #1 (back in Dec) was supposed to be Paris (~2 nights) and then Thailand (~10 nights). The day after our wedding we changed our entire Honeymoon because of a coup in Thailand that shutdown their airport (and the only International airport in the country).

Luckily the airlines gave us a full credit for the airfare and we went to Hawaii instead and had a wonderful time. Even better we had a ~$500 travel voucher a piece for the price difference in the two tickets. We got our tropical island honeymoon taken care of in spades but figured we should also do the romantic Paris thing as well (thus the title "Honeymoon Part Deax").
My point here is I've neglected my blogging for the past month, so I will do "twitter style blogging" each day we're in Paris to keep friends and family apprised of our adventures.
However, I don't think the hotel has free wi-fi and I'm too cheap to pay for it. (Correction, I broke down and paid for it ... so I'll start posting updates now!) So I'll do my blogging off-line and post them as soon as I can find an Internet cafe or something (which reminds me of an episode of the Office ... I need to find a YouTube clip and post it here). Anyhow, we're looking forward to getting away for awhile ... wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. So because we got evacuated for a hurricane on our honeymoon, we should get "vouchers", right? Oh, I guess that's what tecla was for.Very romantic. I'm seriously the green -eyed giant right now about your "SECOND" honeymoon being married for less than 6 months.

    ReplyDelete